Experienced Illustrator/Animator wanted for our Gastown/Railtown studio @ 259 Alexander Street, Vancouver BC:
Permanent position / Language: English
Wage: Based on experience. $55-70K CAD as annual salary
Benefits package offered: Extended health available after 3 months (Sequence pays 50% of premiums/individual pays 50% of premiums)
The Sequence Group is a collaborative creative studio that offers a unique, tight knit and informal environment where you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of high-profile projects that span many industries and mediums. We are looking for people who have a collaborative mindset and enjoy being involved in the big picture with excellent problem solving skills.
Qualified candidates will work closely with the Founder/Creative Director and must have 2+ years of industry experience in all stages of the animation process. From idea creation, to storyboarding all the way to design and animation.
- Diploma or Degree in design and animation preferred but not mandatory
- Experience working as an Illustrator or Animator in Game, Television or Film industries
- Have a strong background in traditional art skills and are able to demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals (i.e. composition, perspective, proportion, scale, and colour theory)
- Proficiency animating in Maya
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment
- Positive attitude, hard worker, flexible schedule
- Critical eye for detail, and strong communication skills working as a team member
Experience and Responsibility include:
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience
- Ability to work collaboratively, taking direction and feedback from the directors/leads effectively
- Ability to design and animate dynamic, believable and appealing characters/non-character assets
- Ability to animate multiple types of character/non-character assets from simple to complex with minimum supervision
- Ability to interpret storyboards & layout
- Experience in Vray or Redshift is a plus
- Experience in Shotgun is a plus
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in Canada immediately to be considered.
Please send us an email with your availability, reel, resume (including references) and proposed rate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Questions/Contact information: Daniel Sioui, Executive Producer. 604 879 4879 ext 0 (studio) email@example.com / No Fax / 259 Alexander Street, Vancouver, BC V6A 1C2